Souk it Up
Hidden beyond the dusky, pink-walled Medina, lies a vibrant and eclectic collection of boutique hotels, riads and palatial digs. The ever changing styles of Marrakech captivate our imagination, from Boho-luxe to contemporary traditional. The thoughtfully re-imagined cuisine with all the intricate flavorings and spices offer up culinary delights every where you look. The busy and vibrant souk offers a window into another culture; one brimming with sensuous luxury and a rich infusion of style.
The analogy of a kid in a candy store doesn’t do justice to seeing my wife’s reaction when she first stepped foot into the Medina in Marrakech... it was more like a dog in a garden chock full of squirrels - a rapidly pulsating heart, mad dashes in every direction, the crazed delight on her face. She had found her squirrel heaven!
The Country of Morocco is a Caravan of Dreams, and These Are Our Five Reasons to Visit!
- A first time visit to the theater of life, Marrakesh’s Djemaa el Fna will be completely awe-inspiring. The name Djemaa el Fna is translated as “assembly of the dead,” but it is without a doubt one of the liveliest on earth, teaming with snake charmers, roving Gnaoua musicians, henna artists and food and beverage vendors!
- Soak up the sun or dance in the wind in Essaouira, this perfect little coastal town boasts some of the best kiteboarding in the world, but is a little less ideal for swimming (it can actually get quite chilly at times with the high winds). This ancient port town offers a more relaxed pace to discover its hidden charms.
- Trekking in the High Atlas Mountains (the highest mountain range in North Africa) is something not to be missed, especially when it is coupled with a stay at one of the nearby kasbahs. The winding day hikes take you from the foot of the mountains with sweeping views of lush green valleys with orchards of fig, walnut and fruit trees and small berber villages. Longer multi-day treks will lead you through valleys and over mountain peaks to remote outposts.
- Safari by camel through the dunes of the beautiful Erg Chebbi Desert to the edge of the Western Sahara and experience the 'Magic of Morocco.' Experience Berber life in a stylishly simple camp set up just for you, nestled around a campfire under the stars of the vast Sahara skies!
- Morocco’s complex culture is evident as you travel throughout the country. The country’s history encompasses the Berber people, Roman Empire, French and Spanish settlers who tried to claim Morocco as their own. The imperial cities of Morocco are teeming with history and offer a variety of palaces, churches, mosques and museums to explore and discover.
Top Properties in Morocco
Riad Fes is renowned for its luxury, impeccable service and fine restaurant. Restored to its original glory, Riad Fès - Relais & Châteaux is located in the heart of the ancient city of Fez. It has succeeded in combining refinement with inspiration and invites you to relax and enjoy your stay in a serene atmosphere with decor reminiscent of Arabian Nights.Learn more »
La Sultana "Marrakech" is situated in the heart of the golden triangle, at the entry of the Imperial City’s walls, just next to the Royal Palaces, to the Bahia Palace and to the famous Jemma El Fna place, where erudites, architects and artists from all epochs set up sumptuous houses, mosques and gardens. In every riad, relive the atmosphere of history, appreciate the tradition of the last centuries: a luxurious residence impregnated with magic.Learn more »